The Badgers create memorable shared experiences and give people, regardless of where they are, the feeling that they are part of something larger than themselves.
It is our responsibility as Badgers to grow, sustain and engage the community and create a platform of school spirit and pride.
- We host nearly 2 million people each year for sporting events, camps and other memorable moments.
- We are an economic engine to the state of Wisconsin, generating $757 million a year for the state.
- We provide a shared community for our alumni, fans and 50,000 currently enrolled students to engage, connect and celebrate.
- We are a self-funded athletic department with an annual budget of $140 million.
- Wisconsin Football is the economic driver of UW Athletics, accounting for 80% of overall revenue, allowing all 23 varsity sports to compete at national level.
- Every game at Camp Randall brings in over $19 million of economic impact to Dane County.